With the developments in home heating technology over the last few years, choosing the suitable heating system for your property can be challenging! With lots and lots of options to choose from, you must be wondering how the Edmonton furnace installation works best for your specific space. Heating technicians can suggest the heating system can best satisfy the requirements of your family, and this both in terms of the overall cost and the functionality.
During your particular property heating evaluation and consultation, these heating technicians will ensure to show you the most suitable products for your family’s comfort. Although they will most likely emphasize the heating equipment’s quality, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to buy top of the line products to obtain a return on your investment. The same professionals will work within your budget to satisfy your particular home heating requirements. For those who are looking for an energy-efficient method to heat their house, at minimal cost, you need to know the benefits that come with installing a gas furnace!
Factors to Consider Before Furnaces Installation
Typically, 15-20 years is the average lifespan range for combustion furnaces. It’s crucial, therefore to ensure that you install a furnace that suits your requirements and your house perfectly. Some of the factors you need to consider are:
Your house has certain heating requirements, and these requirements won’t be satisfied if you install a system that is either too small or too big for your home. You might be wondering, “how do I properly size my furnace?” You have to work with a trained expert on a heat load calculation. Generally, this calculation consists of things like:
– Square footage
– Number and type of doors and windows
– Number of occupants
– Floor plan
– Levels of insulation
– Your home’s orientation
After doing the heat load calculation, you will know exactly the size of the furnace you will require to heat your home comfortably.
Energy efficiency has become an exceptional feature for furnaces. Reviewing the specific furnace’s AFUE rating is the best way to determine its efficiency. The AFUE rating generally stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency, which measures the efficiency of a furnace in converting fuel to energy. The furnace will have greater energy efficiency if it has a higher AFUE rating.
Type of Furnace
Combustion and electricity are the two main types of furnaces. Combustion furnaces commonly utilize natural gas; however, they can also use oil and propane. On the other hand, electric furnaces can be perfect for homes that don’t like to use a combustion system or those that lack instant access to fossil fuels. Other different types of furnaces include:
– Single Stage. It only has a single stage of operation. You can either turn it on or off
– Two-Stage. It has two settings, half and full speed. It’s a more efficient way when it comes to heating and allows better comfort since it can move the air at a relatively slower pace
– Modulating of Variable Stage. A modulating or variable-stage furnace typically modulates the heat and speed depending on the desired comfort level and the temperature outside. The furnace works just as much as you require it, which makes this make the most energy-efficient furnace type.
How Long Do Furnaces Installation Take?
Undoubtedly, this is a frequently asked question for most technicians. Furnace replacement is a good chance to enhance your energy efficiency and comfort levels. As long as your specific existing ductwork works well and is intact, it usually takes less than a day to perform an outdated furnace replacement.
Benefits of Gas Furnaces Installation
– Energy Efficient. There are many types to go for with furnace installation. However, one of the most efficient options is a gas furnace. While all gas furnaces must have an AFUE rating of 78%, many have ratings in the upper 90% range
– Emitting Cleaner Emissions. As you might know, natural gas generates the least quantity of waste product as opposed to other fossil fuels enabling for cleaner exhaust. By installing a gas furnace in your property, it’s the simplest way you could minimize your environmental impact without having to compromise on comfort
– Cost-effective. Due to its exceptional feature of durability, a gas furnace installation will be a solid investment. With infrequent breakdowns and repairs, investing in a gas furnace will actually save you lots of money in the long run. Apart from requiring fewer maintenance costs, a natural gas furnace can minimize your annual utility bills up to 20%
Even with a trained expert’s assistance, your furnace installation should be the last step of the process. By following these steps and guidelines, it will assist in making sure that you’ll install a brand-new furnace that will heat your home the way you want to for the years to come.